Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Another Bookstore Dream.....

I am back at Crown books as the manager, having just replaced someone who resigned...the store looks quite ratty as i walk around looking & helping customers...one of my employees (whom i am meeting, all for the first time) i find sitting on the steps up to the office playing on her Nintendo DS, which she has plugged into the wall...i stop her, saying how about straightening the books??? with just a hint of sarcasm when she asks me what should she do...the bookshelves are wooden and so very dusty, i see cobwebs!...i walk back upfront at one point to see all the other people "working" there this evening just leaning around talking...so i put some of them onto cleaning those filthy shelves, wondering what in the world the old manager ever asked them to do...i look on the schedule and see that someone named "Michele" is to come in as my relief when it is time for me to get off from work, but she is very late...

No comments: