Tuesday, June 17, 2008

sometimes, there is anger...

Yesterday being a day of laziness, which was fine - even though the sun went into hiding well before noon and didn't "come back", but segued into a rainstorm, I made that adjustment. Later I had a meltdown, though. After Chuck got home, I really wanted to walk the yard with him and talk about stuff, but he was preoccupied with what he wanted to do and not paying attention to me. So I freaked. i slammed every door I could get my hands on, and broke the sliding door in the bathroom. Yeah. It happens. But, not just that, I was screaming about it. And after all that, I gave myself a time-out over next to the garden shed. Then I made dinner (cheese enchiladas, yummy! and refried beans in the cast iron frying pan) and went back to reading - first, the paper and then Michael Sheuer's book about America & Islam after Iraq. Well, Sheurer is so right about everything he is saying about our government's approach to Islam & bin Laden, he should know- but the thing is just how angry he is in this book. I see his point about various organizations being a problem on the battlefield, but wonder about his anger at and hatred of environmental and feminist organizations. Anyway, that odd anger does not detract from the purity of his argument that if the U.S. would just remove itself from Saudi Arabia and Iraq, and cease to blindly back everything Israel does, that al-Queda would cease to be a threat, they would leave us alone. Actually that is not even HIS argument at all, it is simply all that bin Laden has ever stated in his messages to us, the American people. If only our elected "employees" would heed the message. ---So, this morning as I was drinking coffee and looking around the yard, with my lovely Rhiannon by my side, I could feel my sorrow and knew that I just had to relax and let it be. As the day went on I was alright. At work, I had a few people give me some kindness which went far. When I got home, Chuck was full of love and hugs. On to Melian's drum lesson and then some shopping! Ha!

No comments: